What is the role?
Working directly with the VP Production and Commissioning Editors, this exciting opportunity is responsible for the commercial negotiation and management of commissioned content. Accountable for leading all aspects of the production cycle, from initial negotiation to close down, you will build relationships with external producing partners and channel departments to efficiently own the smooth production and delivery of the channel’s content.
- Working strategically, negotiate all commercial terms for each commission
- Liaise with internal departments to ensure excellent communication and efficiencies
- Manage the smooth running of payments for suppliers, approving invoices and final costs
- Liaise with the Business and Legal Affairs department to ensure that the contract terms are accurate and PPA’s are issued and signed in a timely manner
- Identify new ways of working and contribute to effective implementation
- Lead business projects as required and provide reporting if necessary
- Drive the ‘One ViacomCBS’ approach, role modelling great teamwork and collaboration.
- Be an ambassador for all VCNI channels, internally and externally
- Help to embed the ViacomCBS values and foster a culture of inclusion
What Skills do you need?
- Substantial experience of programme planning at a broadcaster with a genuine interest and passion for TV and TV scheduling
- Must be strong communicator, both written and spoken and be confident collaborating and liaising with other departments
- Be able to demonstrate understanding of TV schedules and Ofcom quotas
- Competitive, results-oriented and driven to succeed
- Capacity for creative problem solving
- Ability to generate new ideas for the ViacomCBS family of channels