What is the role?
Reporting to the Senior Planning Manager, the Planning Exec is responsible for the planning schedule across some of the VCNI channels, ensuring that they are accurate and accounted for and meet Ofcom quotas!
- Inputting forward Planning schedule into What’s On and acting as central point of contact for planning related queries
- Informing internal teams & listings of all schedule changes made within issued weeks and keeping on top the portfolio of schedules and those of our competitors
- Leading all aspects of all press day responsibilities for our portfolio of channels
- Actioning Billings & Pre-Press emails whilst ensuring month-end data is up to date for Finance
- Assisting the Channel Manager and Channel Directors in adhering to Sky usage rules, including quotas, for the wider portfolio
- Ensuring all programme rights are accurately adhered to and Creating and maintaining standby programme lists
- Coordinating between Programming, Sales & Presentation regarding schedule related matters
- Testing & Development of systems for programme planning
- Handling the AD and Subtitling on across the portfolio ensuring we reach our Ofcom quotas
- Lead and input the teleshopping rotations for our digital channels
- Providing scheduling support and Out of Hours contact as the need arises
- Deputising for senior managers and providing day-to-day support across all key planning & scheduling functions when necessary
- Viewing future programmes and giving insight to senior managers
- Ensuring schedules are ready to send to Sales on a monthly basis
- Check through the P.I booklet for the Channel 5 portfolio
What Skills do you need?
It goes without saying that this role will suit someone with a passion for TV and TV Scheduling to be successful in the role but a background in Programme Planning with the Broadcasting industry is needed.
- Excellent knowledge of Ofcom quotas
- Strong communicator both written and spoken, with confidence to collaborate and liaise across multiple teams
- Be able to demonstrate a general understanding of TV schedules
- Competitive, results-oriented and driven to succeed
- Capacity for creative problem solving
- Ability to generate new ideas for the ViacomCBS family of channels