WHAT IS THE ROLE
The Director of Child Protection has been created to ensure that all departments, agency representatives and associates both internally and externally are aligned with ViacomCBS child and talent safeguarding policies and processes. This exciting opportunity will lead on investigations to handle risk effectively and will be the subject matter authority on child protection and contributor welfare across the ViacomCBS UK office.
- Help to embed our values and cultivate a culture of inclusion: Drive the ‘One ViacomCBS’ approach, role modelling great partnership and collaboration.
- Promote collaborative leadership and partnership working in the delivery of high quality child protection and participant welfare services, and ensure that agreed ViacomCBS standards of practice are met, maintained and where appropriate enhanced.
- To identify and promote areas of good practice and give to practice improvement
- Dedicated to being the person responsible for advising and supporting in all aspects of working with children and contributors, referring any issues regarding Ofcom Broadcasting Code compliance to ViacomCBS’ Content Legal and Compliance teams.
- To provide advice on Child Performance Licensing and ensure written guidance on the above is maintained
- To create and maintain a central repository of all safeguarding polices, processes and documentation. In conjunction with HR, responsible for reviewing DBS certificate content and ensuring that this is reviewed every 3 years
- To coordinate and quality assure multi-agency service delivery and to seek and collate standards in the area of child and contributor welfare
- Analyse the business’ requirements for training and support provision of such training to internal staff and external suppliers on legal and safeguarding issues affecting programme content and productions
- Ensuring staff at all levels of the company remain current with changes in the law and regulatory codes of practice through training development and horizon scanning
- Develop a network of safeguarding champions across the business to advise on safeguarding practices
- To devise measures to ensure producers compliance with agreed production protocols during the production process.
- To support the management of cast wellbeing where appropriate; for example on press days, social and financial training
- To participate in the risk management meetings, and help keep the risk spreadsheet updated
- Raise any wellbeing concerns to the appropriate partners
- Encourage collaboration and team working
- Be an ambassador for all VCNI channels, internally and externally and adopt and promote the ViacomCBS values and support an inclusive environment
WHAT SKILLS DO YOU NEED
- In-depth understanding and practical experience of managing child & Contributor safeguarding concerns at a strategic level
- Experience working within the field of production, media or entertainment,
- Degree or equivalent work related qualifications/experience in child protection, safeguarding or related field
- Experienced in managing risk in a complex environment
- Understanding of industry regulations and ability to keep up to date with industry standards
- Proven experience leading safeguarding investigations, case management and liaison with statutory agencies such as the NSPCC, Local Authorities or charities
- In depth understanding of licensing, chaperoning, Disclosure and Barring checks
- Experience of handling confidential information and understanding of GDPR and an ability to understand and interpret statistical data
- Proven track record in building and maintaining working relationships across complex organisations
- Strength in negotiating and influencing senior partners and achieving positive outcomes
- Experience handling contributor welfare issues