An exciting opportunity has arisen in our International Studio for a Senior Development Producer to work on exciting and new scripted IP. In this role the successful candidate will work with the Head of the International Studio, to proactively identify strong scripted IP in the UK market and identifying talent through relationships with agents, as well as providing creative input throughout all stages of development. We have big plans in the pipeline and this role will be pivotal in crafting new IP to be developed by Viacom as-well as major third party studios and production companies.
Working across the slate of projects in development and in production, including liaising with agents and collaborating with writers and executive producers, brainstorming creative ideas, creating and compiling script notes and talent lists as required
- Seeking out new material and ideas, assessing pilot proposals, scripts, and pitches and responding to submissions
- Maintaining the smooth and efficient running of the department, assessing priorities, taking appropriate action.
- Help to build the greatest possible workplace experience for employees.
- Drive the ‘One ViacomCBS’ approach, role modelling, great team work and collaboration.
- Be an ambassador for all VCNI channels, internally and externally
- Help to embed the ViacomCBS values and foster a culture of inclusion
What skills do you need?
As this is a senior role we need someone who is confident in their own ability, is passionate about their work and can work self sufficiently, this team is newly formed and you will be working with the VP to shape the direction of the studio. Candidates who understand our brand and have knowledge of working with other big studios and production companies on high quality scripted drama and factual entertainment will feel right at home!
- Coordinating materials and research for writers’ rooms, creating loglines, story synopses and contributing to originating copies for pitch documents.
- Maintaining talent lists and databases, keeping up-to date with industry news
- 3+ years of experience as a development executive for scripted content, high-end drama
- Understanding of big budget productions and confident dealing with agents.
- Extensive knowledge of the broadcasting industry and output across the UK and internationally
- Network of key agents and new talent within the UK industry
- Keen understanding of story narrative with the ability to interpret creative intentions, to contribute to the generation of ideas and the resolution of script issues
- Ability to identify commercial and artistic merits of scripts and pitches, and other IP such as books or podcasts for adaptation
- Ability to seek out and identify potential of emerging talent
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - ability to positively lead feedback with creative teams
- Ability to operate flexibly, to work as a productive member of a team and to handle a variable workload by exercising initiative and assessing priorities but referring issues upwards where appropriate
- Proficiency with office and information technology including effective database management, ability to use presentation and script editing software.