This role will focus primarily on handling the financial analysis and reporting for Technology Projects and aligning financial processes with Global Technology operations and providing financial support for key central initiatives. As part of an aligned FP&A team, the successful applicant will assist in ensuring the accuracy and integrity of forecasts and budgets, tracking performance, handling monthly capital/operating expenses, and reviewing Tech project requests across ViacomCBS and all steps needed for project approval. Partners include Technology leadership, the business partners that the Technology supports (Domestic brand leads, International cluster finance directors, CBS Divisions, Paramount, etc) and the Finance organization.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Understand the business of technology
- Operations of each of the functional Global Technology areas, such as Enterprise Solutions, Global Media Operations, Software Engineering, etc.
- Key strategic Global Technology initiatives, such as Cloud Migration, Cloud ERP, etc.
- Recent acquisitions and their impact on the business
- ViacomCBS-specific factors that impact the business technology needs
Lead all aspects of financial processes with the MTS organization
- Develop and execute plan to integrate global financial reporting and analysis, through system implementation and process improvement
- Prepares/reviews budgets, quarterly estimates, including analysis and reporting for capital and project related expenses
- Partner with Technology Leads/Sourcing/Vendor Management to review/prepare the submission of Capital Project Request including analyze and validating the financial request.
- Assess and develop plan to improve capital expense (CAPEX) input, align with operating expense, evaluate investment return, and analyze cash flow. Understand financial impact and depreciation.
- Work with Compensation COE to develop a framework for Global Technology Total Labor Management (TLM) to handle global MTS resources, both staff and non-staff.
- Partner with International Tech FP&A Consolidation team to track and handle all International Technology projects financials (operating and capital expenditures) on a monthly basis
- Ad hoc analysis as needed, including supporting the finance team, management, and Global Tech.
Provide financial support to critical initiatives
All Global Technology activities serve to grow new business, make current businesses more efficient and to protect the company’s assets. As such, Global Technology is always engaged in large-scale initiatives
- Partner with Global Technology and business leads to develop business cases for new initiatives
- Develop strategy documents that socialize new projects
- Once projects are approved, track financials at all levels – strategic impact, budget development, revenue generation, expense recognition, domestic vs international recognition
- Handle/track all Cost to Achieve and integration related costs across Global Technology ~$325M across 3 years.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economic or Business
- Proven financial experience
- General knowledge of accounting principles
- Experience supporting a technology organization preferred
- Project management experience a plus
- Global perspective, comfortable with international relationships and time zones
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
- Good technical understanding of ERP systems, as e.g. SAP, APPTIO or planning systems as e.g. LWPLAN
- Strategic and highly analytic. Ability to synthesize data and provide insightful narrative of business results
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and deal with ambiguity
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to navigate within a matrixed environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Must be comfortable in dealing with all levels including senior leaders in the Finance and Technology organization
- Self-motivated, inquisitive, proactive approach
- Continuous improvement approach – ability to seek out and implement internal or external methodologies
- Flexibility with work schedule