What is the role
Do you fancy getting involved in a start up environment within one of the world most successful brands? Or, play a keep part in the release and development of 3 major product launches? If so, this role is for you!
We are building a new team providing a specific focus on growing and improving our UK streaming service, My5 and Pluto TV. ViacomCBS are one of the biggest spenders on content in the world, and with an ever more growing digital world improving and bolstering our streaming service is pivotal to our mission statement and continued success.
This role will develop the marketing relationship with UK streaming's key distribution partners, working to deliver exceptional co-marketing TTL, editorial and merchandising strategies that drive mutual growth at scale. The Partnerships Director will simultaneously build and deliver the brand partnerships strategy, prioritising based on an assessment of scale, relevance, and projected ROI. The succsessful candidate for this role brings experience in marketing strategy, relationship management, commercial development, and project management with a proven track record of growth delivery at fast paced media or consumer tech brands.
- Build the brand partnerships strategy to drive significant user acquisition and retention growth across UK streaming platforms, including My5, Pluto TV, MTV Play and Noggin.
- Prioritise brand partnership opportunities based on an assessment of scale, relevance, and projected ROI and manage the partnership lifecycle end-to-end from prospecting through to onboarding and optimisation.
- Deliver high impact partner marketing campaigns TTL, working cross functionally to execute to a high standard across all channels and platforms.
- Analyse performance of brand partnerships across the funnel to find opportunities for optimisation and inform wider brand partnerships strategy.
- Define roadmap of product requirements to support new brand partnerships and unlock growth opportunities for existing brand partnerships supported by compelling business cases.
- Prepare compelling pitch decks and commercially attractive proposals. Develop and maintain all brand partnership marketing materials, ensuring they are up to date with the latest propositional developments.
- Marketing lead for all distribution partnership deals, informing marketing terms including media spend commitments, editorial placements and merchandising initiatives.
- Develop and drive ongoing calendar of partnership marketing, editorial and merchandising activity aligned to seasonal, content, and promotional priorities.
- Project manage internal cross functional teams to build and execute exceptional co-marketing campaigns through the line, nurturing creative excellence at every touch point.
- Closely monitor short- and long-term performance of distribution partnerships versus forecast and work with partners to identify optimisation opportunities on and ongoing basis.
- Maintain excellent relationships with distribution partners’ sales and marketing teams including Amazon, LG, Samsung, Xbox and Roku, understanding their strategic objectives and working cross functionally to ensure alignment.
What skills do you need
- Experience building and executing successful brand partnerships strategies for disruptive consumer brands, ideally within media/tech/streaming/subscription categories.
- Proven track record of securing brand partnerships that drive significant mutual and balanced business growth.
- Extensive partnership marketing experience including media planning, creative development and measurement
- Marketing, editorial & merchandising experience with strategic distribution partnerships helpful.
- First rate cross functional project management skills with an ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Excellent writing and verbal communications skills, for both internal and external audiences!