What is the role:
As the Art Director, Originals for ViacomCBS’ London based Digital team, you will help guide the look and feel of our brands’ digital first original series, and run all areas of the creative process surrounding the visual identity of each original title. This includes ideation, creation and delivery of graphic packages, supporting key art and promotional assets for each project.
Supporting and reporting to the Head Of Creative - Multiplatform, Y&E brands, you will be fully conversant in Adobe software, confident in commissioning the highest standard of photography, retouch, design, animation, set design and grading, and have experience managing full time members of staff, freelancers, budgets and timelines. You will be able to juggle multiple and often challenging tasks at once, without ever compromising creative or technical standard, whilst maintaining excellent communication with other team members, external production companies and key stakeholders.
- Leading and overseeing a diverse range of projects.
- Producing and delivering award winning work whilst considering brand, series and stakeholder needs and feedback.
- Branding and identity for our original content slate, focusing predominantly on hero series and original formats.
- Fostering innovative and original ideas alongside our production team.
- Pushing our original content slate creative forward whilst remaining within brand guidelines.
- Management of a mid-level creative.
- Directing, mentoring and building the confidence of supporting design teams and freelancers.
- Art directing key art shoots, overseeing and executing shoot logistics and post production.
- Forging and maintaining relationships with photographers, videographers, agents, hair and make-up artists, set designers, designers, animators and other production vendors.
- Working closely with our Director of Studio Operations, Producers, and Production Managers to ensure deadlines our delivered to schedule in multiple digital and linear formats.
- Working closely with internal and external production crews and creative agencies.
- Keeping up to date with latest visual trends, pop culture and new technology.
- Providing general motion design and animation support for wider creative, publishing and production teams.
- Deputising for the Head Of Creative when required.
- Implementing compelling, effective and relevant creative solutions at all times.
- Establishing creative workflows and expectations for our Hero series, Original formats and BAU content slate.
What skills do you need:
- Considerable experience and ability to lead design teams and oversee multiple projects with competing priorities.
- Background in digital publishing.
- Expert technical knowledge - advanced Adobe Suite and proficiency in Cinema 4D.
- Experience directing and producing shoots.
- Exceptional eye for font treatment & digital design, grade and colour.
- This is very much a hands-on role. Excellent design and animation ability and experience is essential.
- Thorough understanding of social and digital landscapes and strong editorial awareness.
- Impressive portfolio/showreel and track record with contact book to match.
- Detail orientated creative, conceptual thinker and problem solver with ability to see idea through to a finalised product.
- Outstanding planning, organizational, presentation and communication skills.
- Able to distil complicated information into easy to understand documents and pass instructions on to the team clearly.
- A track record of squeezing as much as you can from a budget and bending time to make the impossible possible.
- Strong knowledge of design trends, youth culture and new technology.
- An affinity and familiarity with our brands values and aesthetics.
- Ability to think outside the box.
- Strong commercial understanding.
- Pro-active and motivated.
- Ability to understand and take direction on a variety of tasks.
- Experience pitching creative ideas and putting presentations together.
- Sound legal and ethical judgment and a comprehensive grasp of media law.
- A self-starter who has an entrepreneurial knack for building workflows and processes from scratch.